MISSION STATEMENT: To promote, preserve and protect the interests of amusement, music and other currency-activated equipment owners and operators, as well as their suppliers and other constituents,in the state of California.
CEMA, A STATE ASSOCIATION, HAS THE FOLLOWING GOALS:
To further the needs and interests of those individuals/firms who own and/or operate, distribute or manufacture currency-activated equipment by…
REPRESENTING members’ interests on legislative and regulatory issues that impact the California coin-op industry; to serve as a voice for members in presenting its views to governmental authorities; and to keep members informed on such matters.
ENHANCING industry growth through the exchange of ideas and information among members.
DEDICATED to furthering the competitive excellence and financial success of its members
ADDRESSING and working to resolve challenges and issues by using the talents, skills and experience of volunteer industry executives.
FOSTERING industry-wide knowledge at all levels of the business through educational forums,trade events, and communication products.
DEVELOPING programs and services that generate operational efficiencies, new businessopportunities and/or cost-savings for members.
PROMOTING the professionalism and many valuable contributions of the industry whenever and wherever possible
- January 2013 – CEMA Founded
- March 2013 – First general meeting at the amusement Expo, volunteers for board members solicited
- June 2013 – CEMA established as a CA non-profit, public benefit corporation
- July 2013—Officers were voted on and approved / $10k was appropriated for the defense of Amusement Games Trust
- August 2013— Mission statement was formulated
- September 2013 – Northern California meeting was planned to unite northern and southern operators under
- October 2013—Meeting held in NorCal and Mission statement was adopted
- October 2013- CEMA pays first portion, $5,000 of its $10,000 commitment to the Amusement Trust
- November 2013—Determination was made to hold a Spotlight show as a state show
- December 2013—invitations, work on booth spaces, and show sponsorship began for the Spotlight show
- January 2014 – First Spotlight show and general membership meeting was held – AMOA leadership in attendance
- February 2014— CEMA Board attended the AMOA state association meeting in Florida/ 2014 objectives laid out
- March 2014—In-person board meeting was held in La Mirada, CA / A CEMA holds a sponsored luncheon at the Amusement Expo.
- April 2014—CEMA focuses on its bylaws and its stand on the Amusement Trust efforts on the AB1103 crane prize limitation issue
- May 2014—CEMA-CAPA-Amusement Trust meeting on AB1103 – CEMA pays remainder of its $10,000 to the Amusement Trust
- June 2014 – CEMA board holds a teleconference to discuss its independent position on AB1103
- July 2014—Bylaws were finished and approved / committees were formalized / strategies were formed and goals set forth
- August 2014—Newsletter format agreed on and newsletter campaign began
- October 2014 – CEMA approves and publishes a crane / merchandiser best practices document
- November 2014 – Planning begins on the 2015 Spotlight show in January 2015
- January 2015 – CEMA holds its second annual Spotlight show and membership meeting with even more participation than 2014
- March 2015 – CEMA holds a member luncheon at the Amusement Expo
- April 2015 – Work begins on a sticker for members to apply to their skill-based machines